Correlation between bigfoot sightings and black bears?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
"Overall, Foxon found that, with forested areas and the human population taken into account, there's about one bigfoot sighting for every 5,000 black bears. Each additional 1,000 bears raises the probability of a sighting by about 4 percent. Hence, the conclusion that 'if bigfoot is there, it could be a bear.'"

:D

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I watched a segment on "Expedition Unknown" and they were looking for the Abominable Snowman in the Himalay's and after tracking and setting up many cameras it turned out to be a previously thought to be extinct bear. I highly recommend that show.

Reactions: dragoncjo and Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I highly recommend this show... if you need a good laugh! :D

Last night I watched the 2014 "South Jersey Sasquatch" episode of "Finding Bigfoot" on Discovery Plus, you may also be able to watch it somewhere else, not sure. There are a few old threads in the Slag Heap about them filming this show, they can be found with a search.

It's hilarious, I never watched that series before (and don't plan to again). They wander around in the dark howling and every strange sound is "definitely a Sasquatch". Then they interview some locals and immediately conclude that their stories "prove" there are lots of Sasquatches in the pines. They also think all the Jersey Devil sightings over the years were actually Sasquatches.

One of the guys gets "special permission" to camp in the Parker Preserve (which they call a "wildlife refuge") and proclaims it's a vast wilderness full of them, even though he never sees or hears one. Apparently they eat turtles, frogs and cranberries so it's the "perfect environment". One of those slag heap threads says that Wharton wouldn't give them a film permit, so I guess that's why they went to Parker? Another scene looks like it might be near Spring Hill.

There's a woman who says she's a "science teacher", says she saw a creature "as wide as the whole road" and 6 feet tall on all fours, although she doesn't call it a bigfoot. But the "investigators" quickly decide it couldn't be anything else and congratulate her on her first sighting. They also film a staged event at the Tabernacle(?) Town Hall (this is discussed in a slag heap thread too). Anyway, it's good for some mindless laughs if you want to waste 42 minutes. :D

Reactions: TommyP