Coyote eats pet chihuahua in NJ

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Nice of the article to announce she is carrying a handgun, hope she has a permit or a good attorney. She also should have a hunting license if she plans on shooting it and she best wait until the season opens. :rolleyes:

foofoo

Explorer
Sep 14, 2003
what didnt you get in the article. it was pretty clear to me. she is carrying a gun for protection not hunting it down. she also goes on to say that shes getting a bigger dog. i take that to mean that a bigger dog would be able to fend off and protect her from the coyote as well. i think your jumping the gun. hope she gets the bugger though.too many of them. we need a year round season.

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
Nice of the article to announce she is carrying a handgun, hope she has a permit or a good attorney. She also should have a hunting license if she plans on shooting it and she best wait until the season opens. :rolleyes:

She can carry it on her property without a permit for protection.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
She can carry it on her property without a permit for protection.

Might want to read up on the state regulations.

"It is unlawful to knowingly have in your possession a:
1. Handgun, including any antique handgun, without first obtaining a Permit to Carry. No distinction is drawn between carrying openly or concealed."

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
what didnt you get in the article. it was pretty clear to me. she is carrying a gun for protection not hunting it down. she also goes on to say that shes getting a bigger dog. i take that to mean that a bigger dog would be able to fend off and protect her from the coyote as well. i think your jumping the gun. hope she gets the bugger though.too many of them. we need a year round season.

Where are you getting your facts from? Theres not enough coyote in NJ for a year round season as of yet.. you saying kill them all? Might as well kill all the dangerous animals in NJ, no wait.. make that the whole country. No Jersey coyote is going to kill a full grown woman, or even try to. Im glad you're not on the Fish and Game Council.

I say kill all the chihuahuas!!

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
we need a year round season.

I may be wrong on this (and hope that I am) but I remember reading once that killing a coyote in New Jersey was legal year round. Does anyone know the current rules re: coyotes. I don't think coyotes are too much of a problem now and hope for the meantime that they just leave them be. If the NJ coyote population starts to get too large, or causes too many problems, than we need to reconsider.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I hear they're going to allow Sunday bow hunting for them on all golf courses :)

wish it was on the golfers themselves. Golf Courses have destroyed to many areas. The coyotes don't cause half the problems the golfers do. As for the gun being held.......... welcome to New Jersey, your not allowed to defend yourself from ANYTHIN or ANYONE.

Apr 30, 2009
To a coyote....a chihuahua is such an easy meal. If the coyote didn't get it......a hawk might have. :)

Knowing there are coyotes in NJ people should be more aware of letting there bite sized dogs outside alone.

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
Might want to read up on the state regulations.

"It is unlawful to knowingly have in your possession a:
1. Handgun, including any antique handgun, without first obtaining a Permit to Carry. No distinction is drawn between carrying openly or concealed."

In public yes. On your property it's fine.

Where are you getting your facts from? Theres not enough coyote in NJ for a year round season as of yet.. you saying kill them all? Might as well kill all the dangerous animals in NJ, no wait.. make that the whole country. No Jersey coyote is going to kill a full grown woman, or even try to. Im glad you're not on the Fish and Game Council.

I say kill all the chihuahuas!!

I don't know. I think the south of the border crowd has been eating them for years. I believe the Chihuahua are the main ingredient in burritoes! Besides, I align myself with the man that first said "First, kill all the lawyers"! (Now I've done it! Probably a warrant out for me now since this is "Sue Jersey"!) Hope they choke on a chihuahua!

"When Chihuahuas are outlawed, only outlaws will have chihuahuas!":pigfly: