Coyote Kill?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I had thought to post a video here and then remembered bens rule against dead critter photos.I encountered a very torn up remains of a deer kill this morning.Everything was there except the skull and most of the ribs were missing,still some hide and a little bit of meat left and dog or coyote tracks everywhere.I was over a mile from the nearest occupied dwelling.There were no man tracks,no bait pile,no stand and no arrow.I thought perhaps the deer was shot elsewhere and after bleeding much got thirsty and headed for water since I was 30 ft from Bluebird branch,I was exploring upstream for an obvious spring since a half mile away it crosses a road and there is no water up there and no matter how cold it gets the water never freezes even in the still spots and snow melts back from the bank so i figured spring.I found it but it's a seep over a fifty foot wide sandy spot coated with mud.I was hoping for a running spring.In any case it's a gorgeous gravel bottomed fast stream through a semi cedar swamp. Any opinions on if this a coyote kill> I can send anyone the video link on photobucket that wants to see it.

Reactions: PINEY WARDEN

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Al;

I find them all the time on Wharton. I have come across several. I had two deer killed inside our blueberry fence in the snow. They packed up and went to pushing them into a corner attacking them. I have the photos. I wounded a deer early fall deer season with an arrow and left it lay for the night so I would not push him farther. I looked the next morning finding nothing but the fresh remains of a head and bones only. They ate the whole deer in one night. These coy Dogs are amazing animals.

Reactions: manumuskin