Coyotes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MuckSavage, Aug 6, 2018.

1. MuckSavage

MuckSavage Explorer

I did a quick overnight camping trip at Batona Camp Saturday. night. It was quiet with only 2 other campers. I was on site 10 & they were on 1 + 2 so I kinda had the place to myself. Not too long after dark, I could hear a pack of coyotes howling from the north. At around 2 am, the pack's howls were answered by a yipping that sounded like it was only 20' from me! There wasn't much sleep to be had as I laid in amazement at the chorus. It's been 20+ years since I've "wild" camped & I realized how much I missed it!
    I'll surely be going back. I highly recommend one spend the night outside just to marvel at nature's sounds.

2. enormiss

enormiss Explorer

Camping in a hammock in Vermont in two weeks. Intentionally picked a site near others so I wouldn't be animal bait. First in a long while my camping isn't inside a camper LoL.

mowergod likes this.
  3. Stamos

Stamos Scout

Hear coyotes many times at the Batona sites. We too had them directly behind our tent. It certainly gets your attention!

MuckSavage likes this.
  4. RednekF350

RednekF350 Piney

They light up across the street from my house quite a bit. It's fascinating to watch the primal reaction of my own dog to those yips and howls. He gets very attentive and usually starts to howl back.

5. MuckSavage

MuckSavage Explorer

Funny thing was, I was camping from my dual sport motorcycle. I didn't have my Jeep to "hide" in, but I had no feat, just amazement