Cranberry Festival

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Anyone else go? I got dragged there, kicking and screaming. I haven’t attended in about ten years, and the reason I stopped going has not seemed to change. The only worthwhile purchase was a book from Marilyn. With the exception of a half dozen vendors, most of everything outside was generic flea market stuff. I did seem to spot one or two selling cranberry-related items. My wife kept jabbing me in the ribs when I made sheep bleating sounds, as we struggled through the crowds. She has no sense of humor. :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This one was on loan from Batsto and apparently they don't want it. Huh?

I have learned of many things that were once at Batsto and nobody now knows where they are. People come and go and what was important to one person no longer is important to the next, and things quietly go missing. The historical finds by dedicated historians of the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and earlier, are either missing or buried away to keep them safe and hidden. If this loan is true which it may not be, it is no surprise to me, but that should never have been "on loan."

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
My wife kept jabbing me in the ribs when I made sheep bleating sounds, as we struggled through the crowds. She has no sense of humor. :)

That's funny, I feel that same way! It's like you lose your identity there. Just a number. Another of the unwashed proletariat class. The rabble, as it were. The low and uncouth. The baser sort.

:D

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
It was packed! Going to the Cranberry Festival is a yearly tradition. I always take along some of my nephews with me and buy them all kinds of junk food their Nazi dietitian mother would never allow them to eat. Then on the way home I always wag my finger at them and say, "Now remember, if your mom asks, tell her we had a salad with roasted almonds for lunch. And don't mention anything about that girl in the denim shorts and tight T-shirt I kept pointing out."

Reactions: dogg57