Create your own Google Street Views

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Sadly I have no Android phone nor DSLR:-( I"ll have to see if my point and shoot can do this as well.

Should not be a problem Al. All your doing is taking photo's to cover 360 degrees of your view. It will be easier if you have a tripod, but it can be done handheld. Not sure, but they may require those photo's you take to be 'stitched' together with software; free stuff is on the 'net. Some cameras have a 'pano' setting, or perhaps Google can do that for you.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I've taken Panos before.I have a pano head that measures the degrees on top of a tripod and I use Microsoft ICE to stitch it altogether and then FSP viewer to view it.It's a real pain and often I get bad spots.They now have a camera that is shaped like a ball.You throw it up in the air and as it starts to descend it fires off like 18 pics at once.Very effective but a very expensive camera.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
They now have a camera that is shaped like a ball.You throw it up in the air and as it starts to descend it fires off like 18 pics at once.

Sounds like it could turn out to be a single use camera ;)

I've tried the pano stuff; not my cup of tea, nor is the the effort to do it.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That is the problem.It is a very great effort.I intended to put them on Google Earth 360 but you have to have them perfect for acceptance and I might get a perfect one 1 in 6.I learned how to clone well enough to hide most holes and stitching mistakes but even the perfect ones I could not get to upload onto 360.They tell you paid member get preference over non paid users get preference in upload speeds.They sure do,I left uploads going for hours and not one ever uploaded.I think they make it impossible to upload on purpose so you will pay.Why should I pay to upload my panos to Google earth? I have a pano viewer and if I want to look at them I can without Google Earth.I was doing it so folks could see panos of the Barrens.If I got good enough they should be paying me to look at the panos though of course I wanted no pay just an "Atta Boy!" occasionally.I would have had the first barrens panos up if they had uploaded em.Now there is another guy who has put a few up,they are very good too but I had a few just as good but I"m a cheap SOB:)