Curly Fern Enduro This Sunday

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
A friend asked for help with flagging at an intersection and I offered.....slapped myself for not stopping at Scott's for refreshments afterwards......I (wo)manned Chew Rd. and RR with flags and 4 yds. of orange clothing! Picked up 3 bags of trash to boot. All is well.

We saw you and beeped at you but your were in the middle of flagging a guy out of the woods and onto Chew. We were in Dottie's truck so you probably didn't recognize us.

We went into the woods near Goshen to run the dogs around two and the enduro was coming down Three Bridge Road as we went in. We left the woods at 4:45 and every sign and arrow from the race was gone.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It really fueled my desire to get a motorcycle.

I begged my father to let me get a dirt bike but just like the "You'll put your eye out kid." speech, all I ever heard was about a friend of his who hit a car while riding a Harley back in the 30's.

That bike is still in my garage in very good condition, I could never bring myself to sell it. One of these days I'll hire somebody to kick it for me and off I'll go back into the dream !
:)

I think parents get some subliminal message when their first kid is born that teaches them the 'Put your eye out' speil :D

You might enjoy the site at the link, I subscribe to their 4 wheeled version, 'Bring a Trailer'. Some amazing stuff out there.

http://throttleyard.com/

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
are there renegade groups of forty bikes that hit the woods on weekends illegally? Perhaps this is why i work shift work now.I never see anyone in the barrens on a weekday.Have the woods all to myself and don't even here bikes in the distance.Shift work still sucks.

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Al.Nice to hear from you.Our Curly Fern Enduro went well yesterday.About 225 riders.Our Enduro is always held the end of March.It takes a lot of money and effort to promote our event.We take out a Insurance Policy for $ One Million to cover our run for the day of the event.Safety is on top of the list.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My brother in law is big into racing.He does hare scrambles mostly but he is into enduro too.His brother runs a lot of the events.He just messed himself up real bad last summer,he's a correction officer at Leesburg and had to take a lot of time off.Messed up his knee real bad,think he went over the handlebars.he's late 40's like me and just as big,that must've hurt.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Al, there is some event that runs in the summer. I saw fresh flagging and arrow signs around Caranza in about August or September last year. A few friends told me they saw several dozen enduros the next day.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Heres the Next event I know of for April.This is for Street legal bikes only.

http://www.pinebarrens500.org/
I think they are all required to be street legal ,insured, and licensed riders. They just ran the Sandy Lane on the 18 th and used our field for camping and I think the finish.....Wish I could have been there looked like they had a cool vintage bike show....Hell just wish I could be there enduro or not

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Registration,Drivers License,Insurance.,A member of the AMA and the ECEA.....You will not start the Enduro without the previous mentioned.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
the problem is that i understand to drive a bike on state land it has to be road legal which means lights and mirrors.Of course such contraptions do not last long on a dirt bike in the barrens.How do you arrange to get a bike legal without mirrors and lights in NJ so you can ride on state land?

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
the problem is that i understand to drive a bike on state land it has to be road legal which means lights and mirrors.Of course such contraptions do not last long on a dirt bike in the barrens.How do you arrange to get a bike legal without mirrors and lights in NJ so you can ride on state land?

I think it is just headlight, tail, and break light. Turn signals are not required but must operate if so equipped