Cutts Old Property

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We spent the morning again walking Cutt's old property which we have discussed numerous times. We wanted to check to see if the bridge has been replaced on Iricks Causeway. We had noticed they had used fill dirt and stones at 532 but it turns out they used it all the way down the causeway. They ruined the nice intersection just before the Friendship Creek by using large stones to apparently help the construction trucks get through the sandy intersection.

This use to be a nice spot!

DSC_2793a.jpg

I have to assume that a large vehicle crossed the bridge and damaged it. I really don't know. In any event, they just replaced a few boards and blocked off the bridge.
ATV riders have already built a bypass by using the construction wood.

DSC_2794a.jpg

I put my camera case down and this showed up.

DSC_2801a.jpg

We found a few property corners and then headed to the bog. Got the moon at the top of this one.
DSC_2814a.jpg

DSC_2824a.jpg

DSC_2823a.jpg

On the way back I just missed stepping on this. Jessica saw it and I had to go back. About 7 inches long and I have no idea what kind it is.

DSC_2840a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It should be just called a red snake then. :) It is red all over.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I hate it when they (whomever) put non-pineland material in the pinelands. In Bamber, they threw a disgusting mixture of concrete rubble and what-not on the previously native sand road leading to the dam. To top it off, they used river rock as rip-rap down at the second dam to stabilize the slope. Turns into a non-native plant species free for all when that's done.