Destruction at Mount

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
I don't think raw materials (fence, guardrail) will do the job. It means nothing to people. But I do think a nicely worded sign will. Wasn't there a sign there at one time? How about one of those signs cast in bronze that we see along roadways, like they use for the tavern site at Sooy. It can have a footnote..."Please keep vehicles off".

Although that would look really nice, and compliment the site well, I honestly think it would be cut out and scrapped so fast. That's why you don't see that kind of sign very often in the middle of nowhere. Just sayin.

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
no problem, theres quite a few roads on them maps that have a great challenge. and some I even have avoided that I guess I'll have to hit one of these days:D

Yeah, that Pine Barrens mud and the scrub oaks will do their best to keep you out though. Lol. I can't tell you how many times I had to drive off the main road to go around a downed tree or to take a pisser and keep the road clear. There are a lot of fun roads out there that are just, well, roads. There's one out by Bear Swamp Hill that looked normal enough until one of the 6 in deep puddles turned into a foot or two. Almost at me and the cycle. One thing I think should be changed is how most of the roads are graded. Most of the grading is done pushing the dirt out to the edge, which is easier, but should be done pushing the dirt to the middle. It seems those huge ruts on the edge of most of the roads catch the water and channel it to low areas making a mess of things with huge puddles without allowing the water to drain into the woods. 4X4's can do a lot of damage, but untamed water can do so much more.

Kevin