Development On Savoy Blvd.????

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What can anyone tells us about what appears to be a possible development on Savoy Blvd between 101 or 103 Savoy. There is a new road going in. I doubt it is a fire break to protect the homes. There are homes on both sides.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I learned something already. Let's see if we hear more from someone else.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is between 101 and 103 Savoy. Preliminary alleged chatter is that it is a paper road leading to the lots in the back that the owner wants to build on. But I also hear that he allegedly says it is a firebreak. However, I am pretty certain the FFS has nothing to do with it so that most likely is not correct.

It is interesting to note that the state tax map does not show a road between those two properties. They are adjacent. Very odd!

Hatfields

Jul 21, 2019
Chatsworth
Yes Stanley Worrell is opening these roads wider as he has approximately 34 (can’t remember exactly how many he said he had) lots off these 2 streets right now he claims he has 4 lots approved but none sold. 24 years ago my husband open these roads so that we had access to our property (as Pinelands wouldn’t let us put our driveway where we wanted too due to the damn retention pond) we had all the necessary approvals with Pinelands Commission and Township but he didn’t make it as wide as the map said they should be.(didn’t want to take down more trees then necessary). Yes these roads are paper streets on the township map. So much for conversing the pines. And these roads are right after 103 not between 101 & 103. We have to go pass our house to go down these roads to get to my house. Sorry for the long message but this just really upsets me.

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Last edited:

Hatfields

Jul 21, 2019
Chatsworth
These streets are after retention pond heading towards 72 I guess that is northeast they are 13th street and Kossuth he is also opening part of 12th street and some others don’t remember the names. Our mail box is right there 101 Savoy Blvd. the house numbers are mixed up my house and property is before 103 but we can’t put our driveway by our house. It’s so confusing trying to explain in a text.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
So, is the location in my link is correct? Is the road at the spot marked by the crosshairs here? https://online.boydsmaps.com/#18/39.82850/-74.52134/hereHybrid

I know about confusing house numbers.... my own driveway is between two consecutive numbers so the post office added an "A" to the address which makes it look like an apartment number and confuses just about everyone. :)

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
That was my first thought, but Guy said "There is a new road going in" and (as you say) that road has been around for a long time and it's between 103 and 105 Savoy Blvd (see my link above to HERE maps, it shows house numbers).

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Not having really taken much time in looking as I drove past the location in the past, the road may have been there and he is just widening it. But what is going on is new as Hatfields said. I was told about Worrell but did not want to mention him unless someone else did. And now they have :)

Welcome to the site Hatfields. I had heard you were not happy about the changes in your area. I sat there in my car looking down the road and knew the neighbors on each side had to be concerned about it.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This describes the location. Hatfields could not put their driveway directly out to Savoy because of the damn retention pond. So they cut it out to the road in question and then out to Savoy where the mailbox now is.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
So, the road is actually between 103 and 105, but the the 101 mailbox is there because the driveway loops behind 103? And it has been a well-established road for a long time, but they have now cleared a big shoulder on each side.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
That road continues toward Prince/Lebanon Rd. More of a trail/path and can be seen as a paper road on some maps.

Hatfields

Jul 21, 2019
Chatsworth
Yes we were the ones to put these so called paper streets. We put in 13th and Kossuth Streets and maintain them for 24 years and on July 3rd Stanley had a crew start widening these road without notifying us. Also found out last night at the township meeting that he didn’t have permits he was requesting them last night to open up lots that he already opened. Wow what some people can get away with because either they have money or know someone.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here is an update on this. You may want to read over old posts first.

I read it twice, and I still can't make sense of it. I propose that's what usually happens when there was some obfuscation of the facts during the project & permit process.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Reading that has me curious if the Hatfields could have originally, or now created a driveway without permit expense or approval by calling the driveway a firebreak?

Reactions: Teegate