Doctor James Still's Plant Lists

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Ro's been asked by a volunteer involved in Dr. Still's site to put together a picture show of the Pine Barrens plants Dr. Still used. Does anyone know of a reference that would provide a list of such plants?

Johnny:

That is very nice of your wife to volunteer at the Dr. Still center. While there, she will likely encounter one or more person who claims to an "expert" on Dr. Still and the herbal medicine he produced and used in his practice. The truth is, however, that no records remain from Still's practice, so the only sure and accurate source that correctly identifies a limited number of the herbs and plants he used Is his self-published autobiographical volume. Anything beyond the ingredients contained in his book is speculation at best or pure fiction at worst.

Dr. Still autobiography should be required reading in every high school in the nation. It is tantamount to sacred American scriptures.

If I can be of any assistance to your, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
PBX & Jerseyman:
Many thanks!
Bob - Jerseyman has answered your first question. Ro is currently reading Dr. Still's autobiography and has not found anything specific so far.
Jerseyman: Ro is not a volunteer there, just responding to a request to do a presentation. She os looks forward to meeting you at the One Day Pine Barrens sessions as she signed up for your talk as #1 priority.
Again, thanks, you guys.
BTW, Before my posting, Ro made the same comment on Dr. Still's book - it should be required reading in schools.
johnny b