Dr. White/Apple Pie Hill

bnsilly

Scout
Apr 3, 2003
New Jersey
Hello All,

George and I set out on Sat to try and find the white horse mansion and found instead Dr. Whites bottling house at Apple pie Hill, as well as the pump house. If anyones interested I've posted a few pics in Sillys Stuff. :bounce:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been going there for 30 years and never saw that. Where is it located?

You may find this picture that my friend took when we were at Apple Pie Hill in 1977.

Apple1_77.jpg

Guy

bnsilly

Scout
Apr 3, 2003
New Jersey
Here is the new sign from the other day. From all indications of what we have read, the house is just below the tower. and the bottling co. was down further. We may have been wrong and found the ruins of the house, not the bottling co. While going up to the tower, before you hit the road that goes to the left, if you look to the left you will see the pump house, you really have to look for it. We missed it twice. Sorry if we got you all excited. We took our information on the location from Becks "more Forgotten Towns", pg 141. .....Jodi

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bnsilly said:
OK I can't figure out how to put the photo here.....I'll post it in my album..Jo

To put an image in the post, click on the "Img" button, paste or type in the URL, then click on the "Img" button again.

So it would look like this with the proper URL address.

[/img]http://?????????????

The problem may be that I believe Ben's new server will not allow you to link to photo's in your gallery. I may be wrong on this and Ben can give more details. But I have tried to link to my photo's there and have been unsuccessful. I upload the photo's to my website and link to them.

Your best bet is to just paste in the URL address to the photo.

[url]http://www.njpinebarrens.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albun15&id=aak&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/url]

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
I have been going there for 30 years and never saw that. Where is it located?

Guy, did you notice the sign has toned down the statement that Apple Pie Hill is the highest hill to "one of the highest"...............

bob

bnsilly

Scout
Apr 3, 2003
New Jersey
TeeG.....Did you ever go back and locate these ruins at APHill????? Has there been anymore info as to what they are? Or am I to stand by the references in Becks book. More pics have been added to my photos of the ruins............Jo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bnsilly said:
TeeG.....Did you ever go back and locate these ruins at APHill????? Has there been anymore info as to what they are? Or am I to stand by the references in Becks book. More pics have been added to my photos of the ruins............Jo

I have not been back there as of yet but I will be stopping in the next time I am in the area. I will check out your new photo's.

Guy