Drawing a blank

B

bach2yoga

I'm drawing a blank here, guys...help me out...
What was the story/town with the Prince who moved here, thought it was some utopia or something? Can't quite remember. Thought it might be worth a visit.
Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Argh. It's right on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of it.

I'm pretty sure it was in "Forgotten Towns" or "More Forgotten Towns" by Beck. If you don't find it I will look when I get home tonight.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am assuming you are talking about Chatsworth where royalty once lived and there was a boardwalk from town to the lake on 532. I will go through my books to find more on it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is in Forgotten Towns chapter 12 page 95 in the 1961 printing. "President and Princess"

An Italian prince was born at Union Forge near Chatsworth.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

BTW bnsilly I believe was just there.

Guy

bnsilly

Scout
Apr 3, 2003
New Jersey
Hi All,

I did try really hard to find the house, I must say I never did. I drove down White Horse Rd, off Rt 532 (Chatsworth road) but found nothing. I may have been in the wrong area, not sure. As I have seen posted elsewhere, Beck's book isn't the best source for directions. I believe his book only mentions something about 'up the road aways from chatsworth on white horse road'. I'm still searching for this one myself. Good Luck and if you all find anything I'd be interested in hearing it too!!!