Driving Quaker Bridge Road

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
It's probably been at 2 or 3 years since I've driven QBR. Yesterday, I decided to drive from QBR at RT-206 to my final destination of the Wading Pines Campground. I had done that route many years ago. Wow, QBR, from what I can remember has really changed. For quite a distance from RT-206, a bunch of sloppy orange'ish dirt that was moist and deep. The brush from each side has really grown/overgrown since my last visit. Unfortunately, the washboard effect is still there on certain sections of the road. I despise driving on washboard roads the most, even over sand and/or mud. The last mile of QBR got really tight, much narrower than I can ever remember, but I was too far into the route to back-track. Luckily, I think I only ended up getting a small scratch or two, although getting any was never in the plans. I always remember QBR being one of the widest to navigate, outside of roads like Batso-Washington Turnpike. The other thing that struck me as interesting is that the road is getting deeper and deeper, I guess from the dozing of the road from time to time.

At any rate, I made it without any major damage or issues. It was a nice day, although hot and full of flies.