Duckenhat

Oriental

Explorer
Apr 21, 2005
Can anyone tell me where a stream that was once called Duckenhat (or Duckinhat) might be found? It was in Burlington County and may have been within a few miles of Four Mile Circle. Possibly in what is now Pemberton or Woodland Township.

Thanks

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
How about Ducking Hat Swamp. I found that on the PDF Map for Four Mile Springs Preserve. Looking at other maps, it appears that Burnt Bridge Branch passed though that area. This is the only info I found that comes close to what you are asking.

Ron

Reactions: relayer and Teegate
According to Bisbee's Sign Posts, it is in Woodland Township and a tributary of Burr's Mill Brook. He lists it as Duckinhat, with another record spelling it Duckinhack (it it were proper Dutch, it would be Duckinhoek).

Burrs Mill Brook is listed as a tributary of of Friendship Creek in the northwestern corner of Woodland Township, and flows through Burrs Mill Pond before meeting with Friendship Creek near the Tabernacle line (also from Bisbee).

Burrs Mill Brook info can be found here-
https://newjersey.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,875052,n,burrs mill brook.cfm

Its not much, but I hope that helps some!

Reactions: relayer