Dumping in Bass River

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Found this today in Bass River State Forest. I reported it.

IMG_1109a.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica saw a Philadelphia airport luggage tag. It had a date and maybe a number. Seems like that could help. Most of it was just plain junk.

Reactions: maxwellandson

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
The dump site was cleaned up today as part of the Barnegat Bay Blitz watershed cleanup event. I thought I would be there to help, but instead they had a small group of us cleaning the trash dumped at a sand pit off CR-539, and the State Park Service sent some of their maintenance people to clean up this one. There were other cleanup sites on the list for today, but we didn't get to all of them because they ran out of dumpster space.

I walked over to this site later in the day to see what it looked like. It was so clean I had trouble finding it. But I did pick up a few things they left behind. Here's a picture, approximately the same view as Teegate's photo above.

I'm posting this to encourage people to report things. It can be difficult and frustrating, and the chance of the dumpers getting caught is slim, but reporting does make a difference.
cleaned-up-site_800x600.jpg

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
The dump site was cleaned up today as part of the Barnegat Bay Blitz watershed cleanup event. I thought I would be there to help, but instead they had a small group of us cleaning the trash dumped at a sand pit off CR-539, and the State Park Service sent some of their maintenance people to clean up this one. There were other cleanup sites on the list for today, but we didn't get to all of them because they ran out of dumpster space.

I walked over to this site later in the day to see what it looked like. It was so clean I had trouble finding it. But I did pick up a few things they left behind. Here's a picture, approximately the same view as Teegate's photo above.

I'm posting this to encourage people to report things. It can be difficult and frustrating, and the chance of the dumpers getting caught is slim, but reporting does make a difference.
View attachment 9177
Outstanding! Thank you for volunteering today! I am seeing real progress in some areas where we have removed dumped material and then secured the area from future similar acts (on preserves and private property, not state forest).

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thank you for informing me on the impending pickup and for your interest in getting this cleaned up. Our conversations have been most enjoyable. Hopefully, there was something in this trash that could get this person to stop.