E-Coli in Winslow water

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
The detection of the E-Coli bacterium has been discovered in the "city water" of Winslow Township.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201010300357

Do Not--- Drink, Brush Teeth, or Wash Dishes with contaminated water. Showering and washing clothes is OK (as long a water is not consumed... by young ones.) Boil water at a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute for consumption. Bottled water is best for consumption, while boiling the water can be used for washing the dishes. Personally, I buy paper plates and cups with plastic utensils to save wash-up issues.

Remember... All diners, restaurants, fast-food joints, convenience stores, etc. are contaminated!!!

Good Luck-

John-

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for the heads up! I am really surprised we don't hear of this more often and I suspect in the long range future we will.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Each and every one of us has the bacterium E-Coli living in our lower intestine and other mammals, inclulding our dogs and cats. It shows up within 2 days of our being born. Fortunately it is not the virulent form, 0157, which is found in cow's intestines. It would be interesting to see where they trace the source back to in Winslow.