Eco-terrorism?

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
I saw these pics posted on another site but not here. It supposedly happened in the Medford area and a kid found them the hard way. Just a friendly reminder to keep on the look out for things like this and the people who are placing them in areas to cause harm to you, your kid(s) your pet or vehicle.

Attachments

• spike.jpg
    spike.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 258
  • spike1.jpg
    spike1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 255

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
They used caltrops like that in the revolutionary war to take out the horses in the cavalry. I agree they could definitely ruin your day!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I saw these pics posted on another site but not here. It supposedly happened in the Medford area and a kid found them the hard way. Just a friendly reminder to keep on the look out for things like this and the people who are placing them in areas to cause harm to you, your kid(s) your pet or vehicle.

Thanks for posting this. We are on the lookout.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Different tactic and place but the same idea of harming anyone, including pets and animals, that are near the roads. This is ridiculous

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Have these been reported by the local papers? The more eyes looking the better, perhaps they will then get caught.

T

Toothy Critter

Have these been reported by the local papers? The more eyes looking the better, perhaps they will then get caught.

Those spikes are used in the HVAC industry to secure insulation to ductwork. Could narrow the field down IDK

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Further down in that Facebook thread Pope posted, someone mentions getting a flat with one of these near Hampton Furnace also. Be careful out there. I have had this happen to me in the past, on my motorcycle and in my truck. It solves nothing.

Attachments

• flat.JPG
    flat.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 220
Last edited: