Edwin B. Forsyth National Wildlife Refuge

Tgeorge

Scout
Apr 12, 2013
Any good sites for the above? When is the best time to visit it to see returning migratory birds.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Any good sites for the above? When is the best time to visit it to see returning migratory birds.

The Forsythe homepage has a lot of information under the "Visit" tab in the upper left corner.
http://www.fws.gov/refuge/Edwin_B_Forsythe/
Forsythe was on fire a few weeks ago because of all of the local hard water. The birds were balled up throughout the refuge.

The best time to start seeing returning waterfowl is right now and into April.
I was glassing Cape May SP yesterday and there was a ton of variety. We saw teal, widgeon, gadwall, pintail, mallards, buffleheads, one redhead, common mergansers, scoters, Canada Geese and greater scaup (bluebills).

I am planning on going to the Blackwater Refuge in Maryland this weekend which has a similarly named Wildlife Drive loop road. I was down there last year at this time and we saw a load of tundra swans southwest of Cambridge along with everything else you could think of.

I just learned that a bald eagle there hatched two eagles on 2-22 and 2-24. Here is a link to their eagle cam:

We are also going to the Evolution Brewing Company brewery on the same trip. I think we'll stop and see the birds first.

Go find 'em !