Eggs in the Pines

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
My daughter makes deviled eggs that are so good, I have to hold on to the counter when I eat one, otherwise I'd swoon over onto the floor from pure delight. The odd thing is; in a room with 14 people, only 1 other person besides me eat them. The others shun them like we are crazy to eat them. I don't get it.

How about you, do you like them?

1672076729267.png

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I love them. I used to make them for myself for lunch when I was a teenager. Sweet pickle juice mixed into the filling is my secret ingredient.
Oddly, after I turned 65, my system will not take relish or pickles anymore. It's odd, I love them but they both give me great intestinal distress. Except for some bread and butter pickles I'd buy at a roadside stand on North Maple avenue in New Gretna. So it's either the strong dill or some ingredient big producers add.

Last edited:

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I love them. My wife makes them using dried mustard. I like them hot, but like you Bob, my body has been revolting. It used to be if I got it past my mouth, I never heard from it again. I mentioned the olives and she said it would work. I put in my request for New Years.

Reactions: bobpbx

Oriental

Explorer
Apr 21, 2005
We frequently drive through the Pines to visit a favorite watering hole along the shore. They serve Jersey Devils which are deviled eggs topped with a fried oyster. Beats an olive any day. Another restaurant in Beach Haven has them too but they are made a little differently.

Reactions: Teegate and bobpbx