On my plant.

1696864061723.png

Reactions: M1 Abrams

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I want to add something about flies and mosquitoes this year from mid-july on. They were virtually non-existent. I was bitten by one deer fly, and he was a loner. It's been remarkable. I've been in and out of salt marsh areas several times in the last 2 months, and there was nothing harrassing me, not at all! It must have been the drought last year drying all the eggs up. That's just a guess.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Flies were bad but not as bad as usual. Mosquitoes seemed almost non existent and I do think it’s that almost nothing had standing water this year.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'd say they were about the same as usual at my place, maybe slightly worse. There were a few days where the deer flies were really aggressive. I like to go out for a walk around sunset and I wore a sweatshirt with the hood up on those days to avoid them, even though it was warm. Also, driving through Peaslee near Hunters Mill several times the flies were just swarming my car. Came in the windows if I slowed down too much! Not many mosquitoes though, I only remember a few days where they bothered me.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Also, driving through Peaslee near Hunters Mill several times the flies were just swarming my car. Came in the windows if I slowed down too much! Not many mosquitoes though, I only remember a few days where they bothered me.
Try this, because it works. Stop your vehicle and sit there with the engine off and the windows closed until all of them are gone. Takes less than 2 minutes, most times within a minute. Then simply get out, and they won't be there.

Reactions: Boyd