Field Recording of Singing Frogs

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Evan, that weather report recording at the start of the mountains of Dub safarai is very interesting! And Karen Carptenter in the cloud people is cool. I liked her voice.

Evan Wilder

Jun 21, 2011
www.easternthunder.com
Bob, thank you very much. I think that came from neither an FM nor an AM frequency. It was recorded from radio a long time ago. Fairly certain the voice was synthetic.

And Karen could articulate her sensitivity and appreciation of nature better than we could.

Here's the another recording (video) of a northern gray frog doing her call (also from last night).

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Wow, patience for that one! I like how the ant approached from behind, but as soon as it saw the frog, beat a retreat.
I used to get them on the top rail of my pool. Close up they are deafening. Could not sleep, had to capture them in my hand (very easy) and walk them down the road and put them in the woods. Peace at last.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Evan, that weather report recording at the start of the mountains of Dub safarai is very interesting!

That is NOAA Weather radio, I have it on in the boat quite a bit. I believe that particular recording was a human voice.
Most of the transmissions are now synthesized and they offer a male and female robot for your listening pleasure.