First Snow

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I can't stand snow but at the same time it has already snowed in NJ. My girlfreinds sister lives somewhere in North Jersey and they had snow the other day when it was raining down here.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That's what I was going to say as well - I thought they already had some snow in upstate NJ. I know they've seen some in the mountains in PA also. Personally, I'd be perfectly happy if it never comes. :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
They are already skiing in upstate NY and VT :)

Long range is saying an abnormally cold December with storms, then things get iffy. Maybe another white Christmas is in store.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Ok its that time of year,Anyone want to guess the first snow?(in NJ) I will say Dec 8

December 8th is my wedding anniversary, and it did snow, but just a tiny bit that day.
Almost more like rain than snow. Perhaps you will be right and I will have a repeat.
Still got the same wonderful woman (not sure how I pulled that off) Might as well have the snow as well.

g.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
We did have a brief flurry up here on the mountain last Monday when it was raining, but it was so brief that I am undecided as to whether it counts as the first snow. We're at 1100 feet, which is about as high as it gets up here in the nw corner, so I think the question remains open.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Real flaky white snow............. sticking on the streets, I would have to say December 4th, rain will give way to snow around 1:19am, temps will dip, winds intensify and will snow will top out at 4.2 inches by the morning rush.

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
reading this thread made me chuckle.....I had a vision of a couple of old guys sitting on a bench or around a wood burning stove discussing the weather. i guess this forum is the "new" country store.

I would love a white Christmas and that would be enough.