fishing on labor day

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I actually had to work today but before I did I got out and did some fishing. Wasn't having much luck till I switched to the right lure. Then they were hitting real strong. I only took one action photo since the floating sedge everywhere was making it difficult to get a good pose from the fish.

00210.JPG

Beautiful day. I don't know for certain what heaven looks like, but I am pretty sure it is alot like this.

00115.JPG

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Looks like part of the Skit, maybe a tributary of the Batsto? Jeff, what kind of lure was the trick, that boy looks like a fat one!

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The secret bait? It was a frog. Not a living one but a platic weedless frog. I would land him on the lilly pads, hop him over and when he meet the water...bammmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Nice! That looks like a good size fish! Pickerel are a blast to catch on weedless rubber, They attack with vengeance!

I did a little Bay fishing this weekend with family and caught some Snapper and small
Fluke.

Chris

HerringKing

Scout
Jan 25, 2009
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Not as good of luck!!

I left the shore early to fish on Makepeace Lake but it turn out to be a big mistake. It was my first time fishing there. It was shallow and very weedy. I could find a place to cast and wading was difficult. But a gave it a good try and got the skunk

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
It was shallow and very weedy.

The weeds can be an issue in the summer. I have had some of my best pickerel fishing in the winter when the weeds are not an issue. One place I like to fish is almost impossible in the summer due to the weeds. I will not fish there untill Thanksgiving.

A late witer pickerel from the spot I speak of. In the summer you can almost walk on the weeds they are so thick.
ATT00009.jpg

Chris

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Not shure. I have never fished Makepeace. The area behind me in the photo is Dover Forge. Sorry I couldn't help.

Chris