Fitness Trackers

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Anyone here use wrist watch type fitness trackers? My wife wanted to try one, so I purchased one of those cheapie ones at a third of the price of a Fit Bit, etc.

Just curious as to what you're using and how you like it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica uses FitBit. She tracks our steps each and every time we go out. But mainly she likes to follow her heart rate. I have one also but have not used it outside of the house. Was concerned when I started getting text messages from FitBit with stats from my nights sleep.

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jessica uses FitBit. She tracks our steps each and every time we go out. But mainly she likes to follow her heart rate. I have one also but have not used it outside of the house. Was concerned when I started getting text messages from FitBit with stats from my nights sleep.

Yeah, my friend has one and got a note from FitBit 5 minutes after his morning constitutional. They asked if it hurt, as they could tell it was a little firm.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah, my friend has one and got a note from FitBit 5 minutes after his morning constitutional. They asked if it hurt, as they could tell it was a little firm.

Now I will never wear mine again. Jessica would be mortified :D

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This is what the email looks like. Not sure why the clocks at the top only seems to show around midnight. Each one was from going to bed until getting up. I guess the steps were me turning over.

fit.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jess also likes it because she can read her text messages and does not have to pull out her phone unless she wants to respond.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Thanks again. I ended up ordering a <$30 fitness tracker from Letscom for both my wife and I.

It seems to do the basics and it's inexpensive enough that I'm not worrying about it if it gets lost or broken.