Flipped car on Caranza Rd (dirt)

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
I went out for a cruise this morning (around 9:00, 9:30 am) because it was such great fall weather. While I was on my way to Friendship, on the paved portion of Caranza Rd, I saw a firetruck coming towards me, no lights on, and not really speeding. However, after that, I was coming up to one of those slight inclines/blind spots and I was almost nailed by a Ford Expedition EMT vehicle (he/she was pretty much straddling the road) speeding with it's lights on.

So I get to the dirt portion, round the few bends, still haven't seen much. As soon as I cross the little bridge (not sure of the creek name) and come around the bend, I see a congregation of vehicles on the last straight-away before Friendship. Another fire vehicle was creeping towards me along with a state trooper. I get to the area and all I could see was a state trooper talking to some guy in a modified 1995 or 1996 Honda Civic coupe (you know, clear taillights, coffee can/moped muffler, terrible paint job). I ask the one EMT guy who's going back to his civilian vehicle if it's ok if I go by, and he told me just to go slow. When I passed his truck, I finally saw what the commotion was about. On the right hand side, completely in the woods, was some kind of car completely on its roof. I almost couldn't believe it. I would've taken pictures but the state trooper was giving me the stare down to move on so I did.

That person is lucky if they're even still alive. The bigger question is, how did the car end up like that, especially on the straight portion of that road. He/she must have been going pretty fast to be able to flip their car and land on the roof on top of trees. Obviously, they must have been a relatively small minded individual to attain speeds in a normal car (looked like a Saturn or maybe another mid-nineties Honda) on a dirt road, which I might add is terribly bumpy and striated right now.

Does anyone else know about this incident who may have passed by or been listening on a scanner?

Once again, apologies for no pictures.

Justin

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
no don't know about that one, but i was in...i think it was a 55 buick in the eary 60's not much past reeves bogs on a dirt road when it filpped over and landed back on the wheels (washboaed road), took a while to get it started then we went on our merry way...lot more to the story though, LOL

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for the post, and for improving my word power with "striated" :)

Guy