Flower ID

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
While cooking burgers in my back yard this afternoon I took some photos of flowers growing in my yard. This site has piqued my intrest and I would like to know what kind they are. The only problem I have is although I can hang a twelve foot sheet of sheetrock by myself, unfortunately I can't transfer an image to this thread so the pictures are in the photo section. Thanks for any help and please excuse my neanderthalism!

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Thanks, I always have plants just pop up in my yard. I'm going to keep an eye open for different flowers whenever I'm in the woods now.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Hi oji....
I am almost positive that photo 2 and 5 are purple dead nettle....it forever is popping up in my gardens during these damp spings. Photo 6 is bitter cress. Photo 4 looks like perhaps a scilla sp. ? ? ? The violets are always pretty and come in many varieties and colors. I leave them have the run of my north side shady yard. It's nice to enjoy the visual signs of spring. The first thing to bloom in my yard after the crocus is a lawn full of marsh marigold....bright, yellow, and cheery. Have fun with your new interests. I learned to ID plants with a Newcomb's Wildflower Guide in college. I always have a copy with me when I'm out....very user friendly. Inexpensive on Amazon too.

Turtle

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
While cooking burgers in my back yard this afternoon I took some photos of flowers growing in my yard. This site has piqued my intrest and I would like to know what kind they are. The only problem I have is although I can hang a twelve foot sheet of sheetrock by myself, unfortunately I can't transfer an image to this thread so the pictures are in the photo section. Thanks for any help and please excuse my neanderthalism!

Here is a very good site for pineland plants, but do a virus scan before you use it. I picked up a nasty bug one time when I loaded it, although it loaded clean the last time.

http://www.mikebaker.com/

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He is a friend of many of us. Mike would never deliberately do that so if you did get it from there he did not know about it.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
He is a friend of many of us. Mike would never deliberately do that so if you did get it from there he did not know about it.

Guy

I am sure he didn't. I sent an email back when and my last visit to the site was clean. Someone may have his site targeted if it is back again.

NJBill, at which URL within his site did you find it?

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
I am sure he didn't. I sent an email back when and my last visit to the site was clean. Someone may have his site targeted if it is back again.

NJBill, at which URL within his site did you find it?

Avast Antivirus grabs it as soon as it opens.
Showing the file name of the infected file is the site itself? Here is what I get:

File Name: http://www.mikebaker.com/

Malware name :HTML:IFrame-DY [Trj]

Type : Trojan Horse

VPS version: 090419-0, 04/19/2009

Always a chance its a false positive I suppose.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Mike cleaned his site this morning. He was notified by Bob and I that he had problems, and he informed us that this is the second time and he is taking steps to keep it from happening again. So don't give up on his site, and if you notice anything odd again let Bob or I know.

Guy

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
Mike cleaned his site this morning. He was notified by Bob and I that he had problems, and he informed us that this is the second time and he is taking steps to keep it from happening again. So don't give up on his site, and if you notice anything odd again let Bob or I know.

Guy

http://www.mikebaker.com/

I was able to get in with no problem. This is a really awesome site . A must link for anyone having an interest in the many plants of the Pine Barrens.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I sent Mike a note yesterday, here is his reply.

"THANK YOU!

I just cleaned this site late March and here it is hacked again.
My web hosting company is really letting me down!

Should be clean now."

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
DSC00249.jpg. Flower or weed?

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
DSC00250.jpg I only attach one picture per post. But I figured out how to do this without punching my monitor so this is a victory.