Forest fire burns roughly 1,000 acres in Cumberland County; fire not under control

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
In Millville WMA, the renamed Bevans WMA..

CURRENT NJ WILDFIRE ACTIVITY
MAJOR WILDFIRE
04/09/20 @ 1730 hrs- SECTION C3- "Split Ditch Fire" Millville WMA, Cumberland County, Downe Twp- Near Dividing Creek Rd. Last report was 250 acres, 0 % containment. ICP is set up at Dividing Creek Rd & Ackley Rd.
Delta 6 worked the fire early on. Crews will continue an indirect attack throughout the night resulting in about 1,500 acres after burn-out.
Updated at 2220 hours. CBS 3 chopper video ABC6 News Video

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
No one has anything to do so some yahoos undoubtedly said Hey! I got an idea! Lets go set the woods on fire! You've gotta know the Laurel lake mentality. They will think it's cool till it burns their meth lab/trailer down.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The wind can't be helping today, it's really blowing hard down here.

Most of the state is under a NWS wind advisory, gusts to 40-50mph.

Friday 04/10/20
FOR NJFFS DIVISION B
**LEVEL 1 PATROL**
FOR FRIDAY 04/10/20

NWS SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT 7:47am
ENHANCED RISK OF WILDFIRE SPREAD TODAY

Low afternoon relative humidity levels, windy conditions, and dry fine fuels will create an elevated risk for the spread of wildfires across the area. Minimum relative humidity values willbe near 30 percent with wind gusts of 40 to 45 mph expected. Residents are urged to exercise caution in handling any potential ignition source.

Wind advisory until 7 pm this evening

Last edited:
Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
wind shifted.I am now smoked in.Looks like it;s about to rain yellow rain outside.My grandsons a mile east of me says his sky is blue. Laurel lake fire chief is a friend of mine.He's oit there fightin it right now

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Still outta control but they don't think they will need to evacuate anyone.It's out in the middle of the WMA and not really anyone there to evacuate.If it jumps 555 we';re in trouble.THis woods burnt over just a few years ago.Surprised theres enough wood left there to make a big fire.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yes 555 and split ditch rd are one in the same,also called Narrow Lane rd as well.you about pegged where I take the fire to be.Roads are still blocked and I"m being good and letting them handle it.As I said a friend of mine is fire chief and I don't want him to have to whoop me,he's a big boy.

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd