Forest Fire in Winslow

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
My wife saw the smoke this morning. I didn't get home until after dark, so I didn't see it. That's my stomping grounds, 5 minutes from my house. I'll have to out there tomorrow.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I spent some time in Winslow hiking around and talking to the forest service guys. I know even though there has been some question as to their methods of fire fighting, the Winslow fire was definitely a job well done (and I told that to every one of them I saw). They did a great job containing that fire, especially given the conditions (dry forest, wind and low humidity). Thanks to all of them.
Greg

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I read that this fire may have been started criminally has the cause been determined? Does not seem natural that 2 separate fires start at the same time

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
I read that this fire may have been started criminally has the cause been determined? Does not seem natural that 2 separate fires start at the same time
The cause of the fires remains under investigation.
The blazes were about a mile apart.

New Jersey firefighters battled a large brush fire in Milmay, Atlantic County Saturday night.
The blaze began just before 7 p.m. along Deerwood Avenue. No word yet on how many acres burned.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Both Winslow fires seem to have been started along the road through Winslow that I've always called "main road". It's too much of a coincidence for me. Again, I can't say enough about the folks who contained the fire.
Greg

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Winslow Pinelands Fires were arson,Official says

The fires were set between Thursday evening and Friday morning, said Michael Drake, acting state fire warden for the state Forest Fire Service. He declined to give details about the evidence, which was collected during the blazes and on Saturday.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20120409_Pinelands_fires_were_arson__official_says.html