Forked River Mountains

Discussion in 'Land Use Issues' started by bobpbx, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:38 AM.

1. Boyd

Boyd Super Moderator

Wow - that is great news!

2. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

They may keep the roads fixed up or they may close some of them. Lets hope things do not change too much. In any event, it is best to have the county own it.

bobpbx likes this.
  3. 1Jerseydevil

1Jerseydevil Explorer

Looking at some past purchases I doubt they'll spend $$ on road maintenance and some road closures are certainly a strong possibility.
    It's better that OC bought the land in place of some other entities. In reality the past owner did no harm considering it's a construction development co.

4. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

Not being totally sure about when he acquired the land, there was damage by the owner in the 70s when a mountain was removed. But all in all I agree.

5. 46er

46er Piney

Bartlett has been instrumental in pushing for the acquisitions of the lands in the NLTF program. He has had a rough time over recent years.

These county lands are open, but not designated recreational areas in the true sense, I.E. there are no picnic areas, ball fields, visitor centers, etc;

http://www.planning.co.ocean.nj.us/frmEPNaturalLandTrust

6. 1Jerseydevil

1Jerseydevil Explorer

I don't know how long they owned it either. A couple years ago I seen the posted signs, a sportsman club game preserve [forget name]. Doing research brought up Brunetti and his development co. Looking at the tax map I was taken back on just how much land he owned.
    Wondering if he owned it prior to the Pinelands commission and the restriction on pinelands development west of the parkway? I spent a lot of time in those woods and never seen signs..

What hill are you referring to? All that clearing behind Brick Wall co. I thought was them, no? Isn't that land now Nature Conservancy? Do you know who owned it prior to the NC?

7. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

Actually, it was the sand company that took the hill. I was mistaken.

8. NJChileHead

NJChileHead Explorer