Found Beagle on Rte. 206 4-21-13

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Last night at 7:30 we had a beagle bolt across 206 about a half mile north of Chew Road. He stopped short of jumping a roadside ditch and started trying to figure out what to do and then walked into the highway again.

My wife and I and two friends stopped traffic and corralled him and we were able to pick him up. He had a flat ring collar but no tags. He appeared to be trailing when he crossed the road but we saw no other dogs or people. We took him to a local who I knew ran beagles. It wasn't his but he agreed to hold it in one of his pens for now.

PM me for further details if you know of anyone who lost a beagle yesterday.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thanks Gibby and Dogg.
I love dogs and it is a very sickening feeling seeing one confused and scared running around a high speed stretch of rural highway near dark.
Thanks to new member Openwoods for some information that may help find the owner.

Scott

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I will let my co-workers know.

Thanks Terry. So far no response.
I will stop by and see the man we left the dog with if no one comes forward by Saturday. I wish I could take him in. I love hunting over a beagle but I think Hank and Murph would have something to say about it.
:)

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
How are you making out with this? I may be interested if you cannot find where he came from (gotta talk to the old man first, of course...but I am persuasive).

Keep me posted if you cannot find the owner or a home....

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
I believe "your" beagle is a male but the lost/found section of the AC Press has a missing female beagle from Atlantic County.
609-377-4801 (reward)

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Yep, he is a male.
Funny, when my wife picked him up she said he was a girl. I rolled him over and said "Then where did he get THAT ?

I have a call into the people that Noboat mentioned and I am waiting for a response.

Gipsie, I will let you know over the weekend if the guy I left him with wants to part with him or if he is going to run him with his other dogs.

Reactions: bobpbx

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well folks, I struck out on all avenues.
I stopped by tonight to see the man I left him with and he does not want to run or keep the dog.
He has all papered up females and he gets a very good buck for a broke dog and doesn't want to take the risk of a chance breeding.

I have asked two friends that used to run beagles but they aren't interested in taking on another dog.

Gipsie I will PM you in case you don't see this, hoping you are still interested.
I am also going to try a beagle rescue.
PM me if anyone else is interested and I will put you in touch with the guy who is holding him.

It's a shame, he is solid, good looking boy.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Scott, I'm studying how to be a piney. In a few years, I may be able to take him. I'm going to build a house just like Fred Brown had, and I could use the company.

:D

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I have a guy who looks like he is going to take him by the weekend and a backup with a rescue if that falls through.

Here is the handsome lad. The guy that is keeping him for me has had beagles his whole life and he estimates his age at 2.

The beer belly is not mine, although I am working on a trophy such as this.
:)