Friendship and a genealogy search

ladyinblack1964

Mar 25, 2018
Pennsylvania
Good afternoon--I am very new to the forum. I stumbled upon it while searching for "Shreve Wills." I found a thread here about a town called Friendship, that mentions a Miss Mary Mills and a William Shreve Wills.

I'm conducting some research into my husband's family. His grandmother was named Elva Wills. One her ancestors was named George Wills, who married a Hannah Gifford on 30 Aug 1874, in Egg Harbor City . On the marriage papers, George's father is listed as a Shreve Wells, married to a woman named Ann.

I recently learned that there were many Quakers in Burlington County. My husband's grandmother said she was descended from Quakers. I've also learned that there are lots of Shreves and lots of Wells/Wills family members.

Does anyone know where I can learn more about the family? I'm working on familysearch.org but there's no information prior to Shreve Wells. Maybe someone might have a suggestion as to where to check next.

Thank you very much for your help!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Near Friendship there is a grave that may be of interest to you. I doubt it is the exact person you want though. This person was a child and it was before your timeline.

charles.jpg

1:26:02WillsGrave.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
And there are two Friendships near each other so you may want to be careful when doing your research. Just an FYI.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is a person on this site who has researched the Wills family from Friendship. Evan's and Wills owned Friendship. I will send him a Conversation and hopefully he will see it and read your post. I suspect he is the best person to answer your question.