From Oswego lake to Warren Grove

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Can I stay in the forest to get there or do I need to get on 532

Stay in the forest.
Download a copy of the Oswego and West Creek quadrangles here:
http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs...8&uiarea=2&ctype=areaDetails&carea=$ROOT)/.do

Click on the balloon and you will be able to choose to download.

If the link doesn't work, go to the USGS homepage and choose download digital topo maps.
Then use the map locator using Warren Grove as your search term. Click on the red balloon and choose the download.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I always miss the obvious.
You can certainly use this website's map tool as Jim said.
The topo option in this site's map tool is not the 1:24000 series maps though and the USGS 1:24000 maps will be a little more detailed.
The USGS is not seamless either.

Oct 25, 2006
My question is, can you make it without four wheel drive on Jenkins Road?

About 3 weeks ago when i was in the Warren Grove area Jenkins Road had some washouts but they did not stretch from one side of the road to the other, it was makeable for a car, i would be more concerned though with Beaver Dam Road, ruts are the word especially right off of Jenkins Road in the Swamp area on Beaver Dam Road.

Jim

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
About 3 weeks ago when i was in the Warren Grove area Jenkins Road had some washouts but they did not stretch from one side of the road to the other, it was makeable for a car, i would be more concerned though with Beaver Dam Road, ruts are the word especially right off of Jenkins Road in the Swamp area on Beaver Dam Road.

Jim

OK - Thanks. After a rain I avoid Beaver Dam, but I make it out to the preserve a few days a week without a problem. Does Jenkins have any areas of sugar sand?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The topo option in this site's map tool is not the 1:24000 series maps though and the USGS 1:24000 maps will be a little more detailed.

I don't think so Scott. It depends on your zoom setting. When you zoom in to the 2,000 ft level (see scale at the bottom left of the screen) the map changes from the 100k topo to the 24k topo. Looking at the slider scale in the upper left corner of the map, this would be 4 clicks from the top.