Ft.Dix Plot Filed

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The Courier Post said this:

The suspects, who appeared in federal court Tuesday in Camden, allegedly trained by playing paintball in the woods in New Jersey

I wonder where that was at? Rob from work was walking in the woods near his house in Runnemede and ran into a group of men completely decked out in uniforms that covered their face playing war games of some sort. He avoided them because he felt they were out of place.

Guy

I came across a bunch of guys in a pit near my house one day who were all decked out in full combat fatigues with the face paint and everything and they were preparing for paintball warfare. I have no idea if they could have been these guys or not but I thought it odd to be that involved in the game. I also came upon a couple middle eastern looking guys in two seperate trucks in Whitesbog, right at the fort dix boarder (near range road) as soon as they saw me they took off like a bat out of hell. I wouldn't have thought anything about it if they didn't do that. They were gone before I could even think to look at their license plates.

IT is a good thing that Circut city store clerk alerted authorities when he saw that video. If he hadn't they might have pulled this thing off.

Despite all this I have to echo Badfishes point that we can't live in prejudice and paranoia.

Jeff

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Ben Franklin

I see all these illegals stuffed into landscaping and construction trucks, why aren't the people that hire them arrested, fined, and shut down. These companies that hire illegals are commiting treason (it used to be a crime...) against the country and breaking numerous tax and safety laws.
But the politicos are paid off by big business to keep the heat off the illegals and their employers, so not much gets done.

I'm not sure big business has to pay the politicos a dime to keep the heat off. I think there are at least two quite plausible reasons why "not much gets done" with respect to the enforcement of immigration laws:

First, never underestimate the simple but brutal power of sheer incompetence (source: http://third-way.com/data/product/file/38/Immigration_Enforcement_Report.pdf):

- a grand total of 46 employer convictions were obtained in FY 2004, in the entire USA

- total arrests of illegal immigrants in the USA averaged 1.68M annually between 1996 and 2000; between 2001 and 2004, that average annual number dropped to 1.18M. (And bear in mind that this is _after_ a post 9/11 massive _increase_ in the number of border patrol agents).

- the head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is Julie Myers, a lawyer with no background in immigration enforcement. Quote from a union president representing ICE agents, officers, and support staff: "It appears she's got a tremendous amount of experience in money laundering, in
banking and the financial areas. My question is: Who the hell is going to enforce the immigration laws?"

Second, even if we had our "A Team" on the case, the problem would be a daunting one. The numbers are simply massive: 11 million illegal immigrants. Last fall, I heard a highly competent Republican prosecutor speak about immigration enforcement. His main point: the scope of the problem completely dwarfs the resources in the law enforcement system available to address the problem. For example, even if you knew where all 11 million illegal immigrants were, and had air-tight cases against every one of them, how could you possibly process them through our judicial system?

While this issue seems to generate plenty of heated political rhetoric, this has not yet translated into the political will to take a hard look at the practicalities of the problem and try to address them; the way things are right now, rhetoric, not action, wins elections, and as long as that remains true, we can expect lots more talk -- but focused, practical action? Not so much.

Dave