Garmin Birdseye® question.....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just was notified that I have a firmware update. It wasn't saying that an hour ago. So you all may want to check to see if you do. I am passing on doing it until the thunderstorms pass.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
To download multiple maps at once you just do as you normally do and select an area and download it. On my Mac the download shows it downloading and I then just go back into the menu and choose to download again. I choose my area and that download starts. Then do it again and that download starts. If I had known this when I started downloading my maps I would have saved quite a bit of time.

Guy
Thanks Guy. I tried that a couple of times and nothing happened. I'll try it again and let it sit a while.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The first one has to finish before the second one will start. It is a very slow process. The first one in the above map just finished and the second one is still at 40 percent.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The first one has to finish before the second one will start. It is a very slow process. The first one in the above map just finished and the second one is still at 40 percent.

Guy

The Windows interface is very different. My problem was I thought a script window, part of a script wizard used to set up the download, should be closed when the download was completed, the only button it had was labled FINISH; instead it needed to be closed once the 1st download began. It's working now. Thanks.