G.C.Johnson

Scout
Aug 4, 2016
California
And another update, a cousin on this bloodline went out to Batsto all day and searched the Methodist Episcopal Cemetery and the only Garoutte headstone that was legible was his grandsons headstone Joseph Garoutte. She is making another trip back there soon to take another look and she suggested that we get into contact with the Batsto Citizen Commitee so we can locate the headstone and or a document to prove the burial location.

If we never find the burial location for Garoutte and his wife we must assume he went back to France because he seemed to be too notable to be discarded or buried like he was nothing.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Notice the spelling is different. It is a tract of land thats Richards from Batsto was selling Nicholas Sooy II

Also 2 acres which the said Richards purchased of Michael Garout (this is part of Survey No. 22 made to Samuel Driver for 22 acres.)

G.C.Johnson

Scout
Aug 4, 2016
California
Notice the spelling is different. It is a tract of land thats Richards from Batsto was selling Nicholas Sooy II

Also 2 acres which the said Richards purchased of Michael Garout (this is part of Survey No. 22 made to Samuel Driver for 22 acres.)

You have a picture of the page? Where is it so I can read it

asebastian

Feb 6, 2023
New Jersey
Hello,
I see that this is quite an old thread, but I figured I'd post here anyways. I am another member of the Garoutte bloodline looking for information on where this tavern is located. I was hoping that someone may have more information now, several years later. I am trying to narrow down the area where it might have been.

Reactions: Boyd