Get Photoshop CS2 for free

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks like Adobe is now just giving away this old version. You can download from their site here and use the serial number that is shown. Caveat: I already have Photoshop so I haven't tried this. But I'm still on CS3 myself and it really does everything I need. There are also some other old versions here, like Acrobat and Photoshop Elements.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The version for the Mac is quite old and system I am running may not be compatible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I got it to work on system 10.5.8. My main computer is 10.8.2. So if you have the new operating system on a Mac I doubt it will work for you.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I played with it and it works fine. Just remember to write down the code and save a copy of the installer in the event something goes wrong with your computer.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Since it's really old, I imagine that it requires "Rosetta" which was Apple's emulator that could run old (PowerPC) based software. Apple dropped support for Rosetta with 10.7. But the question is whether the program itself needs Rosetta, or if only the installer needs Rosetta. I had the same kind of problem when I tried to install some of my old software on my new machine last year under 10.7. But it was only the installer that needed Rosetta, so I was able to install the software again on an old 10.5 machine, then just copy the folders to the new machine. You might give that a try.

Select the (installed) program in the Finder and do a Get Info. If the program is a universal application then it may work if you copy it to the new machine.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is a PowerPC program which is not supported on this computer and operating system.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
FWIW, if your using it for just photo's, this version may not be worth the effort as it will not support the newer cameras unless you use the raw file format. It is also resource intensive and, IMO, overkill for just photo processing. If still interested, there are many free download sites floating around.