Good day today!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Went out this morning and found the clay works graves finally!Then went to half way and looked for the old well mentioned by Beck but didn"t find that though I did find half a dozen cellar holes the clay miners missed.then went and checked out BEHR"s new road.weird small cellar holes every few feet.Then went and found both fire tower foundations and steps.Couldn"t of had a better day.Anybody know where that well is at halfway?I only found one at the clay works,Beck says theirs two but he only found one.
AL

B

bach2yoga

Good for you...you aren't tellin where now are ya? Mum's the word... :)
Renee

Way to go Al.
I never saw or looked for a well at Hidden Lakes (Clay Pits) but I remember back in the 70's there was a spot near the west lake where water was trickling out from the side of a hill. Someone put a basin there and we used to drink from it. And I'm still alive too! LOL

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
hey BEHR,
I"m a nut for springs.you remember where in relation to the west pond?I know a few good springs down here and a couple seep springs up in the barrens.Does it tatste like iron or is it clear spring water?
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Renee,
Nope ain"t tellin.I made 15 miles of tracks on my gps lookin for the graves and anybody else has gotta do some sweatin and scratchin too.15 miles of bushwackin and only seen two deer,no snakes(darn:-( ) really nothing but chiggers and a few skeeters and today theirs a lot of beautiful small lavendar colored mushrooms out there.on right next to atkersons grave.you could use it for a landmark but it"s only 3 inches tall:)
Al

manumuskin said:
hey BEHR,
I"m a nut for springs.you remember where in relation to the west pond?I know a few good springs down here and a couple seep springs up in the barrens.Does it tatste like iron or is it clear spring water?
Al

Al,

That was almost 30 years ago and many many beers ago. Back in those days I was going back there to party. I was surprised I was able to find Hidden Lakes again a few years ago. LOL I'm sure it was at or near the western lake since that is where we hung out. Have you been to the western lake? The road in is rough and there are lots of puddles but you should have no problem if you have 4x4.

B

bach2yoga

manumuskin said:
Renee,
theirs a lot of beautiful small lavendar colored mushrooms out there.on right next to atkersons grave.you could use it for a landmark but it"s only 3 inches tall:)
Al

Funny! :p
Good work.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yeah BEHR, I been there.Real nice swimmin hole just wish I knew somebody that could pull them cars out of the water for me and clean the place up.Why is it that every time people find a beautiful place like this where the swimmins good and the place is clean and quiet they gotta dump crap like that in it.they break theri beer bottles and throw em in the water then when they cut their drunken foot open they whine and cry?I know a few people that party in the woods that clean up after themselves but their the exception not the rule.
Al