Good deed of the day

KenDawg

Scout
Aug 10, 2003
South Jersey
To all,
Today while I was at work I found a small baby Raccoon laying in the street. It was not bleeding,but it didn’t look too good. I grabbed my bottle of water and started to squirt some water on the ground near it, so it could drink it. It started to hiss at me, but it didn’t move. It started to drink the water so I gave it some more, by letting just some drops go into it’s mouth. The more water I gave it the better it looked. I called my boss who came over and we put it in a milk crate and he took it to the animal shelter. The shelter gave it a shot and said they might transfer it to a Raccoon rescue place. I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures.
Ken

B

bach2yoga

KenDawg said:
To all,
Today while I was at work I found a small baby Raccoon laying in the street. It was not bleeding,but it didn’t look too good. I grabbed my bottle of water and started to squirt some water on the ground near it, so it could drink it. It started to hiss at me, but it didn’t move. It started to drink the water so I gave it some more, by letting just some drops go into it’s mouth. The more water I gave it the better it looked. I called my boss who came over and we put it in a milk crate and he took it to the animal shelter. The shelter gave it a shot and said they might transfer it to a Raccoon rescue place. I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures.
Ken

Aww, that is so cool. I hope he's ok!

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
KenDawg said:
To all,
Ken
:clap:

KenDawg

Scout
Aug 10, 2003
South Jersey
Thanks to all for your kind comments. There was another baby Raccoon nearby that finally climbed a tree and went into a hole. I'm not sure where Mom was. I live near the shelter so I'll try and check out the health of the Raccoon.