Governor Corzine Crashes the Pines...Literally

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Too early for a print media story but on my way home 101.5 reported that the Governor's motorcade was involved in an accident on the Garden State Parkway near exit 43 at about 6:20 PM. I doubted it at first but they began to have eyewitnesses call in from the scene. It seems the Governor's motorcade was cut off...guess we'll know more soon.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The governor was hurt. Broken leg and other things.

guy

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
I wouldn't want to be the guy who was driving the red Bronco when they catch him...

Seriously-who in their right mind would cut off a line of black Suburbans and Crown Victorias!? You gotta know its either the Governor or the President! In any event, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Obviously said by a member of the lower class. A coarse sort of fellow, uneducated.

That may have not been the same comment that was there when I read it. It looks like each comment gets bumped down.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That may have not been the same comment that was there when I read it. It looks like each comment gets bumped down.

Guy

I'm talking about the guy that was enraged he was whisked away in a helicopter. He said it should have been an ambulance like everyone else.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
I'm talking about the guy that was enraged he was whisked away in a helicopter. He said it should have been an ambulance like everyone else.

From all the reports today I've read that he's got a couple of broken ribs, a really bad femur fracture, a broken collarbone, and needed a lot of blood. With that kind of trauma the only place to go in South Jersey is Cooper in Camden-an ambulance would take at least an hour and a half wouldn't it?

omega

Explorer
What I heard was the red vehicle (no one seems to know if it was a car, truck or small suv) cut off a white vehicle, which the trooper then tried to avoid.

Governor was not wearing a seatbelt, and any guesses at how fast the motorcade was travelling? or will that question never be answered, since we all know the answer, or at least those who have been passed by vehicles with SG plates on area roadways will know.

IMO more blame for the accident lies away from the mysterious red vehicle than with it.

I do wish the guv and trooper a speedy recovery.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Regardless of your political persuasion, I don't see how anyone can fail to sympathize with Corzine. From the reports on the news this morning, it sounds like he is really in bad shape. They said he would need a breathing tube for a number of days if not weeks and that rehab would take months.

I'm sure they will catch the guy who caused the accident, there are video cameras all over the place. And even without, SOMEBODY will know who this guy is after all the news coverage.

IMO it's rather premature to be placing blame on the governor's vehicle at this point...

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Corzine was riding in the front passenger's seat of the SUV when a white pickup truck swerved to avoid a red pickup truck that had moved onto the highway from the shoulder

I was nearly involved in an accident on the parkway last year when some #@#$%^& merged onto the highway from the shoulder. He pulled in about ten feet in front of me. I swerved and luckily there as no one to my left to collide. Maybe if NJ didn't always blame the driver that rear ends another car people wouldn't have the instinct to swerve.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Maybe if NJ didn't always blame the driver that rear ends another car people wouldn't have the instinct to swerve.

So you think people would just rear-end the other car if they weren't worried about insurance? Seems like it's a natural instinct to get out of the way to avoid a collision...

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
What I heard was the red vehicle (no one seems to know if it was a car, truck or small suv) cut off a white vehicle, which the trooper then tried to avoid.

Governor was not wearing a seatbelt, and any guesses at how fast the motorcade was travelling? or will that question never be answered, since we all know the answer, or at least those who have been passed by vehicles with SG plates on area roadways will know.

IMO more blame for the accident lies away from the mysterious red vehicle than with it.

I do wish the guv and trooper a speedy recovery.

This is the part that gets me! Should'nt he been setting an example for us? Is he above the law? Will he receive a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt or does that go on the driver? Could this whole accident thing not be an accident at all? He is not the most popular guy in NJ. He has made alot of enemies. Will the red vehicle be found? I personally do not think so.