Governor Corzine Crashes the Pines...Literally

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well the police spokesman seemed pretty clear on that point:

If there was ever a graphic example of why you should wear a seatbelt, this is it.

For sure!

It is obvious he is not improving as fast as they made it appear he would a week ago. The pain must be quite severe.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
On the radio a couple hours ago they said he has two catheters which send narcotic pain killers (morphine?) to the area around the broken ribs on each side.

It will be interesting to hear his version of the story when he recovers. Although on the day of the accident they said he'd sustained such a serious trauma he might not have a clear memory of what happened.

Now it would also be interesting to learn how fast the white truck which actually hit the SUV was going. While 91 is an unsafe speed, I see people who must be going close to that frequently on the expressway and garden state parkway. And traffic flow may very well have been in the 80's, so if they didn't want to get "boxed in" they would need to go pretty fast.

A few years ago there was a lot of discussion of how fast Governor Rendell was travelling down the PA Turnpike, I think he was clocked over 100.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
A few years ago there was a lot of discussion of how fast Governor Rendell was travelling down the PA Turnpike, I think he was clocked over 100.

I believe that the Whitman Administration took some flak for traveling at high speed on the Turnpike as well. Let's just say though that Corzine's motorcade was traveling at a leisurely 70 mph and a three cars came along side, one got in front, one paralleled, one got behind, and they started firing on the Governor's Tahoe-then what?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe that the Whitman Administration took some flak for traveling at high speed on the Turnpike as well. Let's just say though that Corzine's motorcade was traveling at a leisurely 70 mph and a three cars came along side, one got in front, one paralleled, one got behind, and they started firing on the Governor's Tahoe-then what?

You bring up a good point, but the fact of the matter is if they had to make quick maneuvers to avoid that situation, seat-belts, seat-belts, seat-belts.

Guy

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
No doubt Guy, definitely NOT a smart move on the Governor's part. In light of the speed they were traveling I honestly can't believe he's alive. It's not hard to find instances of people killed in crashes involving that kind of speed who WERE wearing seatbelts.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
I know I saw the press conference. CNN made the headline like: "It's a great day for America!" all because he paid the ticket. Uh, how about he was speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, and the driver was texting another coworker??

Your tax dollars at work.