GPX Tracks Of Mullica River Trail, Batsto trail

mountainbikemax

Jun 19, 2011
Ohio
I am trying to put together a personal map (that I can share of all the Pine Barrens trails on ARCmap. Does anyone have a track of the yellow trail?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I have it from Atsion to Batsto, all walked by me.
I'll see if I can send the GPX file through the messenger.
Yellow Trail.jpg

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
This site won't let me attach a .GPX file to the private conversation. The file is 281 KB, would you like to try email? PM me with your address, or if you know another way we can try that.
Ed

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
I walked it in two phases, Batsto to the Mullica River Campground and back, then Atsion to the camp and back. I used the resulting GPX tracks (2 per segment) to map the trail on openstreetmap.org. You can download the resulting, cleaned-up track as a GPX file easily from hiking.waymarkedtrails.org (which takes openstreetmap.org hiking route data and presents it in a nice form).

https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=6480453

Reactions: Boyd

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
I also put up (or finished up) the Batsto Lake trails (3 loops), Toms Pond trail (Batsto), as well as all the marked trails at Bass River State Forest. Franklin Parker Preserve trails are there too.

There is a companion sites for mountain bike trails (and other kinds). Here are the Wharton Batsto-area mountail bike (MTB) trails:
https://mtb.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=15!39.6572!-74.6481
Click in the lower right corner on Routes to see route details. Unfortunately, the site does not support color boxes for bike trails, only hiking trails. The only other thing I don't like about it is that they only give trail lengths in kilometers, not miles.

If anyone has corrections or additions, you can register at openstreetmap.org and do the edits yourself (follow the rules, though - no copying proprietary data such as from Google maps). Or I'll be happy to make fixes for you.