Green Burials

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I found this very interesting. Cremation would be my first choice but this would be my second. I've been involved in the decision making for loved one's funerals before and was disgusted at how the funeral director took advantage of the loved ones' time of grief to add frills to the arrangements. This type of funeral should be the choice of the deceased (while still alive, obviously!) but it's nice to know the option is available.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
I found this very interesting. Cremation would be my first choice but this would be my second. I've been involved in the decision making for loved one's funerals before and was disgusted at how the funeral director took advantage of the loved ones' time of grief to add frills to the arrangements. This type of funeral should be the choice of the deceased (while still alive, obviously!) but it's nice to know the option is available.

Someone asked my Grandfather about his funeral arangements once and his answer was " you could stick a ham bone up my @$$ and let the hounds drag me off, what do I care I'll be dead". Sorry had to throw that out there, cut him a break he was from Atco.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
My cousin killed himself at eighteen, the only time he was ever really happy was when he was camping in the pines. We had him cremated and buried his ashes at his camp spot north of hampton furnace. I try to stop by once in awhile and pour some beer on his grave. And no I don't pass it through my kidneys first.

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
That is definitely how I would like to be buried, have a bbq picnic and stick me under a tree at a WMA like Assunpink.

thomaj

Oct 27, 2008
I also read about the so called Green Burial at the Veterans Cemetery in Estell Manor a week or so ago.
It really wasn't a Green Burial by definition.
The lady at the Vet's Cemetery was buried in a concrete vault. She wasn't embalmed and was buried a simple wooden casket, but the vault make it a conventional burial.

The Union Cemetery in Mays Landing, permits Green and Natural Burials.
www.theunioncemetery.com