Greenwood Girl's Grave

rjb

Scout
Oct 11, 2009
south toms river nj usa
It looks like it was a litany of articles about various things. The one in question is under "graves in lonely woods". The article right after it was about the largest wave ever known, in Peru. If you have an Ancestry account I can send you the link. I don't know if you can use it without the account. I am not much of a computer person and I can't figure out how to cut and paste this artice as it is on PDF.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You could take a screenshot while the PDF is visible on your screen (with the snipping tool in Windows or Preview on the Mac), save it on your computer, then click the "upload a file" button when you make your post here to attach it. Finally, use the option to insert the full size image in the post and we will all be able to see it. :)

I'm not sure, but the "upload a file" option might even allow you to attach the full .pdf directly to your post.

Star Tree

Scout
Apr 28, 2011
Waretown
Good news! I took a ride out there to take a look for my self and everything is just as I remembered, no additional damage. I'll be having an interesting conversation with my "friend" who gave me the bad information. Someone had hung some flagging to mark the site, I removed it.

Attachments

• DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_0065.JPG
    DSC_0065.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC_0066.JPG
    DSC_0066.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_0068.JPG
    DSC_0068.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well done on the removal. I have removed flowers in the past. I don't understand how anyone could think putting things there is a good idea.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't think it allows pdf files. A screenshot works well if you know how to do that. I believe on Windows F12 takes the shot and you can paste it into any paint program or even on the with Word or Note Pad applications. Then save it as a jpg and upload it.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
It works, but the text is too small to read unfortunately. Zoom in farther when you take the screenshot, you might need to take more than one. :)

Guy: newer versions of Windows have something called the Snipping Tool. One of the options allows you to draw a box around only the part of the screen that you want to capture (I think it's called a rectangular snip). You can then directly save it as a PNG or JPG file without going into another program.

You can do the same thing on the Mac using either Preview or Grab (available on all Macs). I'm not sure about the f12 thing... my Windows computer has a dedicated PrtScrn key. Some keyboards might combine it with regular function keys I suppose.

rjb

Scout
Oct 11, 2009
south toms river nj usa
It works, but the text is too small to read unfortunately. Zoom in farther when you take the screenshot, you might need to take more than one. :)

Guy: newer versions of Windows have something called the Snipping Tool. One of the options allows you to draw a box around only the part of the screen that you want to capture (I think it's called a rectangular snip). You can then directly save it as a PNG or JPG file without going into another program.

You can do the same thing on the Mac using either Preview or Grab (available on all Macs). I'm not sure about the f12 thing... my Windows computer has a dedicated PrtScrn key. Some keyboards might combine it with regular function keys I suppose.
Unfortunately that isn't a screen shot. I was able to email that to myself. I haven't figured out the screen shot yet. If this is the full document it is 4 pages long. The relevant info is on page 2.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I'm not even sure we should be talking about this, but since we are here's what I have. RIP Mary.

Sorry, I don't want to add to this publically.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
The version before Windows 7 was Windows Vista. That's what I have on my Dell Desktop and the Snipping Tool is part of Vista. On the bottom left of the screen, next to the Windows Logo you will see a symbol that looks like this

>>

Click on that and choose Snipping Tool from the list. If that doesn't work, click on the Windows logo and type "Snipping" into the search box. That should find the Snipping tool also.

BTW, the link that you posted takes me to a screen inviting me to sign up for ancestry.com....

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Unfortunately that isn't a screen shot. I was able to email that to myself. I haven't figured out the screen shot yet. If this is the full document it is 4 pages long. The relevant info is on page 2.

A simple way to do a screen shot in Windows is to position the screen you want captured. Click this combo of keybpard keys; Alt & Print Screen, then open where you would like to place it, say Word or Paint, then mouse right click and select Paste. Done.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I can't figure out how to cut and paste this artice as it is on PDF.

If the PDF allows, there is in the PDF bar a symbol that looks like an arrow pointing to 11 o'clock, that is the select feature. Click it and you can select text or picture area in the PDF to copy and paste.