Griffin-Morgan house

KenDawg

Scout
Aug 10, 2003
South Jersey
Hi Renee,
That house is on Griffith - Morgan Lane off River Rd. in Pennsauken. It is near the West Jersey Animal Shelter. It is very close to my house. There is also another house in town from this time period called the Burrough - Dover house, on, yes you guessed it, Burrough - Dover Lane. That one is off Haddonfield - Sorrel Horse Rd. near the Pennsauken Mart and Rt 90. The latter has tours, but you have to call in advance. I just remembered there are 2 other houses of the same time period, but they are a private residences. I can show them to you sometime if you'd like.
Ken

B

bach2yoga

KenDawg said:
Hi Renee,
That house is on Griffith - Morgan Lane off River Rd. in Pennsauken. It is near the West Jersey Animal Shelter. It is very close to my house. There is also another house in town from this time period called the Burrough - Dover house, on, yes you guessed it, Burrough - Dover Lane. That one is off Haddonfield - Sorrel Horse Rd. near the Pennsauken Mart and Rt 90. The latter has tours, but you have to call in advance. I just remembered there are 2 other houses of the same time period, but they are a private residences. I can show them to you sometime if you'd like.
Ken

Sure! I love old stone and brick houses!

Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Steve or Ken,

Is one of those places you mentioned at this location?

I don't know the names of streets, but from downtown Maple Shade, head toward Pennsauken and turn right at the golf course and water tower. Heading up that road just before the road is divided by the cement barrier, one of those houses are located on the right down a dead end road or a short road. It is reported to be the oldest house in the county?????

The company I work for has a satellite shop located on the road past the water tower just before the cement barrier, across the street from the pizza shop. We rented it for about 4 years. I remember them talking about an old house down one of those roads but I never did visit it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks. I will have to go there one day and check it out. I have only been down that main road maybe 2 times in my life, and that was to see the building right after we rented it, and once to take my wife passed it to show her.

guy