Groan, drones...

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
sigh. I am guessing that we will just quit flying ours if it's met with such issues. People shooting them down, people using them to breach White house security, mount guns to them, take photos of women in bathing suits on the beach...

What a world we live in. Oh well. We're having fun with ours in the time being.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
sigh. I am guessing that we will just quit flying ours if it's met with such issues. People shooting them down, people using them to breach White house security, mount guns to them, take photos of women in bathing suits on the beach...

What a world we live in. Oh well. We're having fun with ours in the time being.

From what I've read, the feds will be going after the ones that can cause dangerous situations; those that can get into commercial airspace, etc. The smaller ones aren't the issue apparently, just like radio controlled planes. But with the govt, you never know.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Dear Sir or Madam,

We are an accredited university. We have a scientific research project that will entail drones. Our aim is to determine whether or not commercial add banners are able to be seen by visitors while on state forest land. Our aim will be hikers, bikers, fishermen, hunters, horseback riders etc. Please approve our 10 year project.

Thank you. We look forward to a successful campaign (er, project).

Reactions: John