Hanover Again

Ariadne

Explorer
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, WV
I'm sorry for not getting back to all of you sooner; this week has been full of conferences for me, so I've not been spending much time online. As for the most recent round of questions regarding Saturday's Hanover Furnace visit, all of the following apply:

Anyone who wants to come can come! There is always space for more.

Hardhats are not required per se, but if the construction crew is out (which is often the case on mild Saturdays because they are behind schedule), you will not be able to go near any of the machinery. I have about 5 hardhats that I can bring, however, so people can borrow them if needed.

Boots are necessary, and if it rains, the bigger the better. Some features are still visible, especially if you tromp down into the muck. Use your judgement; if the weather's been wet, dress for it!

As for alternate meeting places, I picked Wawa at 70/539 because I have other business in the area that day and I thought it to be an easy location to find. By all means, people may go directly to Hanover Furnace, or meet wherever they like. The site is located, as I'm sure you know, at the intersection of Whitesbog Road and Range Road. I only caution you that although the roads in are public, Hanover Furnace is military property, and MPs do have the right to kick you off -- since I have a base i.d. and they know me, they will let us on. However, if you choose to go directly there and NOT meet at Wawa, and you do encounter any problems, please ask range control to call me (Dix History).

That's about it! If you have any more questions, please try to email me before Friday afternoon so I can get back to you in time.

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Ariadne

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will also meet you at the Wawa at 9AM on Saturday. It is only a short distance out of my way.

See you all then.

Guy

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
I will be there as well. Looking forward to meeting you guys, and you Guy!

I prerecorded a lot of stuff for the radio show so I dont have to do it Saturday!
Can't wait for this.

Tom Gagliardi

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
gagliarchives said:
I will be there as well. Looking forward to meeting you guys, and you Guy!

I prerecorded a lot of stuff for the radio show so I dont have to do it Saturday!
Can't wait for this.

Tom Gagliardi

It looks like the weather will be fine, so it's appears we will get it in.

Guy