Have your digital photo's put into a 320 page book

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

If you have a digital camera, and you feel you take adequate photo's, starting on Monday and continuing for 7 days you can take a photo and have it published in a book if it is judged to be one of the 320 best. This is open to amateurs so most of us fit into that category. Go to the link below for more info and to sign up.

It appears that each day has a specific category, but there is a bonus category that allows you to shoot America's scenic beauty and enter. That obviously includes the pines. If you are going to submit make sure you take the photo during that week because all digital photo's put time stamps in them, and the judges will know the exact second the photo was taken.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/910248.asp?0ql=c8p

Guy

Oh swell, I have close to a thousand photos and only a couple that I think would be worthy. I'll run out this week and shoot a Pulitzer Prize winner! :rolleyes:

Always being the cynic, I think this publishing company has found a good way of getting it's material for free. I may try to get some shots to enter anyway.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yeh I have two that I thing would be nice to send in. Next weekend would be the only time I would have to get one in.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Not all cameras do the timestamp thing. My old Sony didn't.

Plus you can open and resave the image in Photoshop or some other program that doesn't save EXIF data and it will strip the data out.

I am assuming that without the time stamp they would not accept it.

Guy