Having an Email problem

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
Ok, I know a few of you`s have Apple/Mac computers, The problem I’m having is sending Email from my PC to @mac.com. I’ve tried sending it with Outlook Express 6, Hotmail and AIM mail and it keeps bouncing back. Can anyone Help with this problem?

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<xxxxxxxxxx@mac.com>
(reason: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: xxxxxxxxxx@mac.com)
(expanded from: <xxxxxxxxxxxx@mac.com>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to smtp-bounce.mac.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: xxxxxxxxxxx@mac.com
550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxxxxxx@mac.com>... User unknown
<<< 554 5.5.0 No recipients have been specified.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That error message implies that you're sending mail to a bad address. Are you sure the spelling of the name is correct? Can you receive mail from this person? If so, do you get this error message when you try to respond to the sender?

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
That error message implies that you're sending mail to a bad address. Are you sure the spelling of the name is correct? Can you receive mail from this person? If so, do you get this error message when you try to respond to the sender?

That’s what it looked like to me too, But It was confirmed today to be a good address. he said he used it twice today. And i haven`t got email from the person cuz i can`t send them my Email address.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well I think that somehow you need them to send you an e-mail so you can try replying to it. I suspect that will reveal some subtle problem with the way you're entering the address, although I guess it could be something really strange that's happening.

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
Well i even clicked on there Email link to send mail and got the same bounce back. I`v been playing with this problem for over a day now, never had this problem before.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Well, there's no question what that error means: the server that is receiving the message thinks the recipient doesn't exist. Why that's the case I don't know. It's nothing on your PC, but it could possibly be the network your PC is connected too. Long shot, but the only other answer is that the recipient account isn't there.