Hellicopter at Carranza Memorial

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was there anything under the tarp?

So I assume the helicopter landed behind the memorial?

Nice shot of it.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
No, no bodies, the tarp was frozen to the bridge on the west side. Go figure! The helicopter landed at Carranza Rd and the RR tracks. The para's said a shoulder injury, a big deal for that.

Ed

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
ecampbell said:
No, no bodies, the tarp was frozen to the bridge on the west side. Go figure! The helicopter landed at Carranza Rd and the RR tracks. The para's said a shoulder injury, a big deal for that.

Ed

Sounds like they had a slow day and wanted some action.

Guy

JerseyJim

Explorer
Aug 17, 2003
Delaware County Pa.
Well as the boards Emergency Medical Services person, they flew the patient out due to time constraints, we have what is called the "Golden Hour" and it also depends on how bad the shoulder injury was. There is also a chance for internal injuries due to Mechanism of injury. As far as an ortho Doctor is concerned I would rather be flown to Cooper than transported to Kessler in Hammonton, Burlington Memorial in Mount Holly, or West Jersey Berlin. Those Hospitals are limited anyway and they would of stabilized the patient and had them transported to Cooper anyway. So flying him or her saved time, and pain. So trust me, I would of done the same thing. Beside's, if that person is a New Jersey resident, that was a free flight anyway, since as residents, we pay money to support the Medivac program with money paid to the DMV. If it was an out of state resident, well they would have a $5000.00 bill looming over their heads. Well that is all I have to say about that.